· Despite the ever increasing fixation with social media throughout business these days, over one third of the panel say they do not currently spend any budget on it.
· Over half the panel are likely to increase their spend on social media, 43% moderately and 10% drastically.
· LinkedIn is by far the most popular social media platform for personal use (in their role) with 69% of the panel using it. The corresponding figure for organisations is 70%.
· Facebook and Twitter are the 2 leading social media platforms for organisations with 76% and 70% respectively using them. They are followed by YouTube, 54%, and blogs, 37%.
· LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube are viewed as the most effective social media channels.
· The most popular areas for employing social media within organisations are brand promotion and customer engagement. These are followed by PR & communications.
· In over ½ of organisations the marketing department is responsible for social media content.
· Organisations report on average 7.8% of their employees use social media as part of their role.
· Somewhat surprisingly, out of everyone using social media only 8% are confidently measuring it in terms of the ROI it provides!